|Date Opened||7/24/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||9/9/2020 6:00:00 PM|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
The Office of the County Administrator, Public Affairs and Communications Division, is seeking an Accessibility Services Manager to serve as a liaison for people with disabilities and limited English proficiency by providing equitable access to programs and services. Job duties for this position include:
* Contribute to the countywide communications strategy for serving diverse populations.
* Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in county programs, services, and facilities by serving as the county's designated ADA Coordinator.
* Serve as an in-house advisor, trains staff on requirements for access, and makes recommendations to improve county programs and facilities, including reasonable accommodations and modifications to policies when necessary.
* Provide information and referrals to people with disabilities, and manages the County's ADA grievance process.
* Coordinate multilingual services, which includes administering contracts for foreign language interpretation and translation services, and closed captioning.
* Serve as a resource to county staff for language access needs and contributes to the communications strategy for a linguistically and culturally diverse population.
In addition, the Accessibility Services Manager will work with the county's Equity and Inclusion efforts and serve as the staff liaison to the county's Multicultural Advisory Committee and the Disability Services Board. As a staff liaison, this person will arrange meeting logistics, attend and document these meetings, as well as support initiatives of both groups. Some of these meetings occur in the evening, outside of regular business hours. This position also contributes to the Division's work in the areas of public affairs and internal and external communications, which includes producing content, contributing to websites, and providing outstanding customer service.