Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community. The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking a full-time HR Professional to support to the Department.
- Provide day-to-day support and coaching to MHSADS managers and employees regarding employee relations issues and conduct investigations in compliance with MHSADS and County policies.
- Collaborate with Department Leadership and County HR to determine appropriate disciplinary courses of actions; prepare corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Facilitate and manage the Department's annual performance appraisal process.
- Design, develop and facilitate training to support MHSADS mission, vision and values in the areas of: Performance Management, Team Building, Communication and Management skills.
- Participate in facilitating the interactive process in compliance with ADA regulations.
- Conduct exit interviews; collect, analyze and summarize data from exit interviews and share with Dept Managers and the Executive Leadership team.
- Collaborate with Operations Managers, HR (MHSADS and County), and Department Leadership to develop and implement positive workforce practices and strategies aligned with MHSADS mission, values, and culture.
- Serve as an MHSADS Department HR Liaison with County HR developing and maintaining strong working relationships with members of County HR, Budget, and Payroll departments.
- Process Employee Actions and ensure that all applicable paperwork is completed and processed into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Provide support for employees and managers regarding questions/issues with Oracle; provides training and guidance on best practices, as needed.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and minimum 1 year professional level experience in Human Resources with an emphasis in Employee Relations. Must have exceptional communication and organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple on-going projects.
Employee Relations experience in public government or Human Services organization is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, credit, NCIC, driving record check and TB test. Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development