The Loudoun County Circuit Court Judges' are seeking a full time Legal Specialist to work in the Circuit Court Judges' Chambers. The Specialist serves the public, the Loudoun County Bar Association, litigants, and others who have business with the Court.
- Coordinates circulation of files and processing of orders, opinions and reports for review by the Court.
- Coordinates the Judge's daily schedule with the Court Administrator, Court Clerk, and Docket Manager.
- Draft correspondence; researches and prepares draft correspondence for Judge's signatures.
- Processes letter opinions for visiting Judges and the sitting Judges.
- Reviews and prepares case files in preparation for Motion, Term, Civil Motions Day, and Criminal Docket Days.
- Summarizes relevant pleadings, sentencing reports, and case issues for the Judges.
- Reviews court documents for the Judges, and reviews files to ensure they have the necessary paperwork and documents.
- Reviews divorce files, concealed weapon permits, name changes, adoptions, and other orders to ensure the documentation is accurate and complete.
- Summarizes cases for Judge's review.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Legal Services, Criminal Justice, or related field and two (2) years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of case management, court procedures, the law, and the Circuit Court's resources
- Knowledge of database software used by the Court
- Knowledge of creating and using spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Department policies and procedures
- Skilled in the use of Outlook, Adobe Pro, and Excel with the ability to perform complex functions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, County officials, other attorneys, judges, and the general public and media
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, concisely and effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to use sound, practical judgment; present in a mature and professional manner and apply knowledge and skills
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Must pass pre-employment background checks to include criminal, credit and DMV.
- Paralegal certificate is preferred.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development