Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Are you looking for a job that will make a difference for someone in your community? Are you passionate about working with the senior population? Would you like to get in on the ground floor of a brand-new facility? Then join the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services, Area Agency on Aging. We have an immediate opening for an Assistant Center Manager at the brand-new Ashburn Senior Center in Ashburn, VA. The Senior Center will be a vibrant showcase of quality programming for adults 55 and older.
As the Senior Center Assistant Manager, you will
- Assist with managing and overseeing programs, rentals and special events
- Utilize supervisory and management skills to assist with general supervision of center staff, patrons and renters, supervise and manage programs including needs assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, oversight the maintenance plan for the facility
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote programs and activities through flyers, press releases and other methods
- Provide attention to detail to effectively utilize automated systems, including graphics programs, and other software, to insure efficient office management
- Provide excellent customer service while handling customer concerns; maintain confidentiality at all times
- Physical work is required; must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
The work schedule is generally Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5 pm. However, this may vary at times to meet specific facility needs to include early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bachelor's degree in gerontology, social work or a related field; 2 years of experience in managing multiple programs for well and frail elderly, including one year supervisory experience and previous administrative management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver's license required
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Familiarity with automated database and word processing systems is desired
- Certified Parks Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Criminal background, credit and DMV checks required.