Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Historic Douglass Community Center located in Leesburg, VA is seeking an Assistant Manager to help oversee the operations and programming of a dynamic center that serves a diverse population; programs include children's activities, summer camps for preschool, elementary and middle school ages, parties, and cultural and special events. You'll play a major role in support of our licensed preschool and camp programs ensuring age appropriate recreational activities for the children to include weekly field trips, indoor and outdoor games and various other fun activities.
The Assistant Manager's duties include:
- Exhibiting strong marketing skills to develop innovative and creative communications that get the attention of customers and connect with the community to promote special programs and events
- Development of partnerships with nonprofit organizations, community services and businesses to enhance service delivery to our diverse community and ensuring their involvement in making Douglass Community Center the center of the community
- Demonstrating operational abilities and partnering closely with the Center Manager in supervising staff and volunteers while adhering to the center operations and maintenance plans
- Displaying leadership and motivational skills to handle customer service and staff concerns
- Assisting with staff scheduling and performance
- Utilizing automated systems and software for process improvement and to maintain daily required records and reports
Work schedule varies and will include early mornings, days, evening and weekends to meet center needs.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in recreation or related field and 2 years directly related work experience
- Valid driver's license required
- Virginia state licensing requires 6 months experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities and one year of programmatic experience
- Supervisory experience is required and must be indicated on application
- Experience with community outreach is strongly desired
- MS Office or similar software experience is strongly preferred
- Multilingual skills are preferred
- Experience with computerized registration and scheduling software, government purchasing and budgeting systems is desired
- Membership in Virginia Recreation and Park Society, National Recreation and Parks Association and National Association for the Education of Young Children are beneficial to the position
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful completion of criminal background, Child Protective Services (CPS, DMV and credit checks required
- CPR and First Aid for Adult, Infant and Child and a negative TB test result prior to beginning work is required