Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking a Senior Prevention and Intervention Specialist (P/I).
The Senior Prevention & Intervention Specialist:
- Supervises staff
- Supervises school and community-based P/I services
- Develops, plans, implements and evaluates P/I after school and summer programs in high need schools and high risk residential settings
- Leads evidence-based substance abuse, gang and violence, and suicide prevention programs to selected high-risk youth
- Conducts training for clients and staff
- Provides courses in Mental Health First Aid and REVIVE to County residents and County employees
- Conducts individual and family sessions for problem identification and referral
- Maintains relationships with service partners and consults with community agencies, groups and other providers
- Evaluates and responds to requests for data
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of directly related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Hold current Certified Prevention Specialist
- Hold current CPR/First Aid, HIPPA, Therapeutic Options (TO) and OSHA certifications
- Active valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence
- Master's degree in a related field preferred
- Must be able to wear County-issued N-95 mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shield, mask, apron, gown, gloves, etc.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background checks to include fingerprinting, NCIC, DMV, credit. Pass TB test within 30 days of hire.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development