It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community. Loudoun County's Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking a qualified Senior Quality Assurance Specialist â€“ Policy Development to lead the departmental policy and procedure projects and initiatives.
This position is responsible for facilitating and managing the life-cycle of departmental policies and procedures and researching and interpreting regulatory requirements (e.g. Code of Virginia, DBHDS Licensing/Human Rights regulations, HIPAA). This position collaborates and advises managers to ensure comprehensive program-specific procedures that are in compliance with county, state, federal guidelines.
In addition, this position involves participating in investigations related to Human Rights, incident root cause analysis and corrective action monitoring, monitoring the departments incident reporting system, provides staff training and consultation, as well as other Compliance Program activities, as assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Social Work, Management, or a related field, and at least three (3) years experience working in human services with experience with policy development, analysis and interpretation.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Access, Excel, and Power Point) and database software.
- Must have the ability to analyze information and create clear reports; experience facilitating meetings; organize and track multiple projects and provide status updates; communicate and present ideas effectively (orally and in writing); and work collaboratively with all levels of staff within a dynamic work environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
This position provides weekend and holiday Incident Management System monitoring and required reporting on rotating basis.
Master's degree; Qualified Mental Health Professional; knowledge of Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, HIPAA, and Medicaid regulations; and experience conducting investigations related to abuse, neglect, or human rights is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprint, credit check, driving record check and TB test.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development