At Loudoun County's Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services, it is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is a seeking results-oriented Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to Department Executives and Advisory Board Members of the Loudoun County Community Services Board.
Qualified candidates must be able to anticipate and address the needs of senior executives while independently performing a variety of tasks to ensure our departments workflow runs smoothly. The Executive Assistant acts as the liaison between the Department Director and County staff, outside organizations, elected and appointed officials and the public. Typical responsibilities include conducting research, preparing reports, presentations and correspondence, coordinating calendars, meetings and events, and handling information requests.
Additional functions include:
- Developing executive action item reports and tracking deadlines
- Recording advisory board minutes and managing the public calendar
- Analyzing incoming communications (examples include telephone calls, correspondence, email and faxes) to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- Performing general office duties, such as directing incoming visitors, ordering supplies, coordinating travel, filing records and maintaining spreadsheets
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High school diploma and five (5) years of directly related professional administrative work experience with computer automated systems and office applications
Successful candidates must have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain effective inter- and intra-office relationships
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion in the handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Experience with standard office and audio-visual equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM, must be available to occasionally work non-traditional work hours to accommodate advisory board meetings and other department events.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, credit, NCIC and DMV.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development