NOTICE: LCSO has a new electronic Applicant Screening Questionnaire that must be completed and submitted within 5 business days of the date you submit your application in order for your application to be considered for the position. Failure to complete and submit the electronic questionnaire will disqualify you from this recruitment. CLICK HERE FOR APPLICANT SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time IT Technician position located within the Court Services Division. Under the general direction of the designated supervisor, the Information Technology IT Technician is responsible for all technology-based responsibilities within the Court Services Division. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives new equipment, monitors the replacement cycle for computers.
- Maintains computer and asset inventory.
- Maintains critical parts and components.
- Provides IT customer service to employees, responds to service and repair requests.
- Configures and de-provisions computer equipment (hardware and software).
- Research and download videos from the security camera system and prepare to testify in court as required.
- Maintains security access system for the courthouses.
- Act as the liaison between the end-users and the County on related projects.
- Develops and conducts technology training programs for staff.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Knowledge of Windows 8, Windows 10, networking concepts.
- Knowledge of LANs/WANs.
- Knowledge of PCs, iPads, tablets, peripheral repairs and installation, printer sharing device installation, and configuration.
- Ability to establish effective customer relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain and prepare departmental records and reports.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work independently.
- Ability to enter and maintain accurate inventory and receiving information in automated systems.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
High School diploma or equivalent (Associate degree preferred); four (4) years of related technical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the ability to lift and/or carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Must submit a completed online Screening Questionnaire within 5 days of the date you submitted your online County application. Selection process includes review of applicant screening questionnaire and County application, in-person interview(s), and an intensive background investigation to include fingerprinting, credit check, driving record, and polygraph examination.