NOTICE: LCSO has a new electronic Applicant Screening Questionnaire that must be completed and submitted within 5 business days of the date you submit your application in order for your application to be considered for the position. Failure to complete and submit the electronic questionnaire will disqualify you from this recruitment. CLICK HERE FOR APPLICANT SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE.
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time Biometric Examiner (Latent Print) position in the Forensic Services Unit.
The major job duties include the following:
- Examine and evaluate latent print impressions submitted as evidence.
- Perform manual comparisons of latent print impressions with known fingerprint/palm prints.
- Encode and search suitable latent prints into various biometric databases.
- Verify conclusions of other examiners.
- Receive and process criminal ten-print fingerprint and palm print cards.
- Expunge ten-print cards, palm print cards, and booking photos as directed.
- Respond to record requests for copies of ten-print fingerprint and/or palm print cards.
- Provide expert testimony on all matters pertaining to duties performed.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience in the examination, evaluation and comparison of latent print impressions or an Associate's degree and 4 years related experience, to include law enforcement experience.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful complete of a documented latent print training program.
- Experience using an Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) for latent print entry.
- Knowledge of fingerprint identification principles and techniques, including but not limited to, pattern recognition, comparing latent impressions with known finger, foot and palm prints utilizing the Analysis, Comparison, Evaluation and Verification (ACE-V) methodology, documenting and reporting observations, and preparing exhibits and testifying in court.
Preference will be given to any applicants who have the following certifications and experience:
- International Association of Identification (IAI) Latent Print Certification.
- Virginia State Police Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) Certification.
- Experience using any of the following AFIS systems:
- Northern Virginia Regional Identification System (NOVARIS)
- Virginia State Police AFIS
- Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) Next Generation Identification (NGI)
If a Biometric Examiner (Latent Print) trainee is considered, the candidate will be expected to successfully complete a Latent Print Examiner training program.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Must submit a completed online Screening Questionnaire within 5 days of the date you submitted your online County application. Selection process includes review of the applicant screening questionnaire and County application, in-person interview(s), and an intensive background investigation to include fingerprinting, credit check, driving record check, and polygraph examination.