Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results, customer relationships and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a position available with their fast paced Sports Division. This demanding position is responsible for coordinating with youth sports leagues, school administrators and other volunteer organizations in planning and implementing year-round countywide sports programs for youth through the year round scheduling and facilitation of County athletic facilities. The successful candidate must be detail oriented with the ability to process and review large volumes of paperwork, coordinate and schedule facilities for games and practices with schools and other Sports Program staff.
Additional duties include:
- Provide front-line customer service to public, problem solving and effectively functioning as a team member
- Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing and able to establish and maintain relationships with volunteers, leagues and school staff
- Facilitate the relationship between Loudoun County Public Schools, leagues and the department to include negotiating access to school sites and provide problem resolution
- Assist with the operations of local and national sports tournaments and events
- Position will require occasional evening and weekend work. On a rotating basis; this position serves as point of contact for sports leagues and facility supervisors' questions and issues after hours as well as handling site coverage issues.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to Associate's degree in recreation or related field and 3 years of directly related work experience, including facility scheduling, event/program coordinating, implementation and programing
- Driver's License required
- Experience with automated scheduling system and experience working directly with volunteer organizations/groups preferred
- Certified Parks & Recreation Professional preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, credit checks, and DMV check.