Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Residential Support Professional.
This exciting position offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. Be a member of a dynamic team while providing supports and empowering individuals with serious mental illness and intellectual and developmental disabilities to increase independence and in their community. The successful candidate works as a member of the treatment team to ensure services are person-centered, recovery-oriented, and trauma-informed. This position engages individuals to participate in their own treatment for improved health, safety, and quality of life.
The work schedule is flexible and may include day, evening, and/or weekend hours. County vehicles are provided for service delivery.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other human services field and one (1) year of related experience in the Mental Health field.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to become certified in CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, and Therapeutic Options within 3 month of hire.
- Must be able to wear County-issued N-95 mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shield, mask, apron, gown, gloves, etc
Knowledge of mental health, substance abuse, and developmental issues. Knowledge of medical, psychiatric, and behavioral conditions. Skill in communicating, both orally and in writing. Ability to work one-on-one with individuals while in the community, including social and recreational activities. Ability to respond immediately and appropriately to all emergencies including responding to individuals in crisis with therapeutic options techniques. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with peers and all collateral contacts (i.e. family members, day program, employment representatives, legal guardians, representative payees, Authorized Representatives, general public, etc.)
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, credit check, driving record check and TB test. Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development