The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is seeking a high energy, customer service oriented Accounting Technician for a full-time opportunity within the Business Operation Division.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the payer billing modalities and benefit plan tables and understanding and correct usage of these rules.
- Payment entry and posting, verify receipt accountability and posting to client accounts.
- Processing Medicaid, third-party insurers and other healthcare claims.
- Answers emails, phone calls, and other correspondence from clients, co-workers (as it relates to Medicaid) and/or third-party insurers regarding insurance claims, denials, billing, and revenue.
- Follow-up on denied or rejected claims; researches, makes corrections, and resubmits.
The ideal candidate must be a fast learner, detail-oriented and exercise sound judgment in selecting and applying established procedures correctly, have considerable medical billing experience, strong analytical skills and be able to function independently while working cohesively in a team environment.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from High School with coursework in business, accounting and at least three (3) years work experience in manual and automated accounts receivable systems, including the billing, collecting and processing of reimbursements. Experience working with an accounting/ financial system is required.
- Associate degree
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Medicaid regulations and healthcare terminology
- Standard service coding systems such as ICD-10, Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System (HCPC) and revenue coding
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, NCIC, DMV, credit, TB and LEIE. Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development