Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
PRCS is seeking a Recreation Programmer to join our Lucketts Community Center staff. If you are creative and energetic and have a passion for recreation and community service, then this could be the position you've been looking for. Careful planning and the ability to anticipate issues are qualities we particularly value. People with a proactive work-style are just what our customers expect. Reporting to the community center manager, top priorities for this position will include implementing a variety of programs, activities, classes and special events to serve all segments of a diverse population.
In addition, this position will:
- Identify trends and assure programs continue to meet citizen expectations and needs
- Develop marketing materials to promote programs
- Conduct inventory; purchase equipment and supplies to meet programmatic needs
- Provide general supervision of facility participants, manage customer concerns, and assist with light facility maintenance tasks
- Assist in overseeing and care of an historic building
- Build relationships with local groups and leaders in order to build a strong community, partnerships and programs.
- Strive to exceed expectations, foster relationships with positive and effective communication, demonstrate competency working with innovative and evolving technology and equipment
- Be available to work a varied schedule which will include early mornings, days, evenings, occasional weekends and some holidays
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two years related work experience
- Requires 6 months experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities
- Valid Driver's License required
- Must have certification in CPR and First Aid for adult, infant and child
- Negative TB Test required
Membership in the Virginia Recreation and Park Society is beneficial to the position.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Criminal background, Child Protective Services (CPS), credit checks and DMV record check required.