The Clerk of the Circuit Court with Loudoun County Government is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time long term temporary position as a Recording Clerk for the Recording Division. This temporary appointment will be for 9-months.
The successful candidate must have superior customer service, front counter and phone skills. This position performs data entry to ensure accurate and quality information for various documents including, but not limited to:
- Deeds, judgements, financing statements, oaths
- Makes sure marriage licenses are entered in the recording indexing system as outlined by the Supreme Court and the Code of Virginia
- Ensures all legal documents pertaining to orders, foreign judgments, IRS tax liens and Department of Taxation liens are in compliance with the Code of Virginia
- Calculates and collects taxes and fees while ensuring all legal documents contain relevant information required by the Code of Virginia for recordation
- Reconciles the cashier workstation to ensure the proper account of funds collected for recordation taxes and fees
- Issues marriage licenses to qualified applicants
- Administers oaths
- Completes other duties as assigned
Loudoun County Full-time Temporary Employees are eligible for benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Education and Career Development
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and two (2) years of related experience.
An associates degree is preferred in a related field.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check.