Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Are you looking for a job that will make a difference for someone in your community? Are you passionate about working with the senior population? Would you like to get in on the ground floor of a brand-new facility? Then join the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services, Area Agency on Aging. We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Assistant at the brand-new senior center located in Ashburn, VA. This visible front desk position is responsible for directly supporting customers, both in person and over the telephone. Customer Service Assistants meet and greet the public, answer questions about all aspects of center programs and facilities, and work to resolve customer issues.
Other Duties Include:
- Assisting with senior center programs, events, meals and transportation, as well as other special events or projects as needed
- Utilizing registration software to assist customers with registration for programs, classes, trips, special events and assisting with booking facility rentals
- Collects and processes program fees, audits and balances credit card, cash and check transactions, and prepares daily reports
- Provides administrative and clerical support including maintaining confidential client and participant databases, attendance reports and other tasks needed to support Center operations
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- High School diploma or equivalent; one (1) year of related work experience in a clerical position involving contact with the public and working with automated systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous experience with automated systems preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo criminal background and credit checks
- CPR/AED and First Aid must be obtained within 90 days of hire