Parks, Recreation and Community Services is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Maintenance Coordinator position in Leesburg, VA. The Maintenance Coordinator position provides support to multiple areas within the department such as the planning and management of special projects and events, playground maintenance, inspection, and renovation, as well as other grounds and facility maintenance. This technical position provides daily supervision to work crews which perform grounds and facility maintenance operations including preventative maintenance, repairs, and safety inspections of un-manned parks and community center playgrounds. This includes assigning and establishing priorities for maintenance work, monitoring status of completion of work, and supervising maintenance technicians on general tasks and projects as well has highly technical and/or unusual emergency work. Maintenance Coordinators also provide ongoing customer service to various constituents and other County and public agencies and staff.
Other essential duties include:
- Soliciting bids and establishes purchase orders for vendor services, or purchase of materials or equipment.
- Completes monthly inventory of supplies and submits list of purchasing needs. Ensures safe and organized storage of materials and supplies.
- Maintains record, and reports of maintenance of fields, playgrounds and facilities.
- Maintains data of work status, priorities, notes, changes and close outs. Informs customers and supervisor of timing of or delay in completion of work.
- Accurately and efficiently completes administrative and supervision tasks such as work scheduling, time sheet processing and development of performance plans for employees.
- Works with division management and department HR to recruit, interview and hire new employees.
- Provides assistance with set-up and break-down of park special events and league tournaments. Installs tents, tables, chairs supplies, equipment, and parking.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which will vary and include early mornings and evenings, weekend hours required as well. This position is subject to call for "Essential 24 hour operations". Moderate physical effort, including lifting is required.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
- 6 years of directly related experience in grounds maintenance, field preparations, and project management, as well as previous supervisory experience
- Requires valid driver’s license
- NPSI/CPSC certification as a Playground Safety Inspector required
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- OSHA certification as a forklift operator preferred
- Licenses as a Pesticide Registered Technician in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Class A CDL with airbrake and tanker endorsement required within 6 months of hire. Passenger endorsement preferred.
- Membership in Virginia Recreation and Park Society preferred
- Considerable experience in the scheduling and maintenance of facilities, supervision and performance of skilled trades (electrical, carpentry, plumbing and painting), fields and grounds and preventative maintenance activities preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will
- Undergo criminal background, credit, and DMV checks
- Will have and maintain a valid driver’s license and will undergo a DMV check annually
- Complete certification in First Aid and CPR must be within 90 days of hire
- Will comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program as outlined by Loudoun County's Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees
- Undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening if required