The Department of General Services is seeking qualified applicants for a Systems Maintenance Technician I position within the Facilities Support Division.
The successful candidate will work closely with technicians or crew chiefs and will:
- Assist by having materials, tools, and equipment ready as repairs progress
- Assist with demobilization and clean up when repairs are completed
- Respond promptly and directly to work requests
- Diagnose, initiate, and complete minor mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repairs in County Government facilities
- Receive and close out work requests by computer and/or hand-held electronic device
- Inspect facilities and report HVAC, plumbing, and electrical problems or unsafe conditions
- Keep vehicles fully stocked with appropriate tools and materials
- Must provide superior customer service at all times
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and two (2) years of experience in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical building system trades.
Valid driver's license required. CFC license required, or must obtain within six (6) months of hire. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and lift up to 70 lbs. Some work may be hazardous due to location or type of work. Subject to recall or being held beyond scheduled workday. Must be available to respond to County emergencies (24/7) as directed in accordance with Department policy and written or verbal directive.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo a criminal background check to include fingerprinting and DMV record check.