Are you highly skilled in the Windows Server operating system, especially with architecting virtual, hyper-converged environments in large organizations. Do you enjoy cloud deployments, and also have experience with vSphere, vRealize, and vSAN. Are you a problem solver who wants to use your considerable skills to help your colleagues and your organization. In short, you want to make a difference. If this describes you, then Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology wants to talk with you.
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to join our server team. This position will:
- Serve as a lead engineer in support of the County’s server and storage infrastructure, specializing in virtualization.
- Perform technical tasks related to planning, design, maintenance, troubleshooting, issue resolution, additions and upgrades to our system.
- Lead the implementation of projects related to the County’s virtual infrastructure and active-active data centers.
- Perceive, identify, and recommend solutions to customer-related issues.
- Maintain documentation related to system configuration, design, repairs, requests, actions taken and root cause analysis.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Ability to strategically plan the engineering requirements for hyper-converged server and storage systems.
- Skills to make recommendations associated with cloud and local system implementations.
- The ability to help people solve business problems.
Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s s degree with major coursework in computer science or related field, and four years of professional experience in information technology, Preferred certifications: Windows Server, VMware, AWS and/or Azure.
Will participate in on-call rotation and is subject to recall 24/7 to provide critical system support.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful applicant will undergo an extensive background/credit check.