Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Are you interested in becoming part of an energetic transformative culture? Are you looking for a career instead of a job? If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS) may be just the place for you!
Loudoun County DFS seeks qualified applicants with a demonstrated interest in the safety and well-being of older adults and adults living with disabilities.
This position supervises the Adult and Aging Specialist staff and reports to the Adult and Aging Program Manager. This position is housed at our Eastern office. Other Major Responsibilities include:
- Daily monitoring of APS reports to determine validity and case assignments
- Working collaboratively with divisional hotline unit
- Providing supervision and support to staff assigned for on-call evening & weekend rotation
- Supervising and monitoring program operations, budgeting, short-and long term strategic planning and devising or revising policies and procedures
- Reviewing, analyzing and monitoring monthly/quarterly client service statistical reports to evaluate performance, productivity, trends and program development needs
- Collaborating with community partners in meetings and at conferences to ensure a smooth and seamless care coordination delivery system
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- An effective supervisor with strong leadership skills to direct the work of and motivate a team of Adult and Aging Specialists
- An effective analyzer and problem solver, able to exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Able to display initiative, flexibility, and receptiveness to ideas, changes, and responsibilities'
- Familiar with the policies and mandates of Adult Services and Adult Protective Services
- Knowledgeable of principles of conducing APS investigations and providing case management; professional knowledge and understanding regarding the normal aging process, the impact of age related illnesses, mental illnesses, and developmental disabilities on the ability to independently manage daily activities, and the psycho-social dynamics of self-neglect or neglect or abuse by a third party
- Able to focus on the details of daily program activity, while maintaining a broad perspective of Loudoun County’s philosophy, standards, and requirements as a whole
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or related field and minimum 4 years experience directly related to Adult Services/Adult Protective Services experience, to include 1 year of supervisory experience.
- MSW preferred.
- Performs other duties as assigned and may work from various locations.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on the results of a background, DMV, credit and CPS registry checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development