Loudoun County is one of the fastest growing counties in the country, known for its excellent quality of life and strong economy, while embracing its historic presence. Located 35 miles west of Washington DC, Loudoun County offers a diverse blend of cultural, recreational and educational opportunities.
Loudoun County Family Services is seeking dedicated, professional candidates for the Child Protective Services (CPS) Supervisor position. The CPS Supervisor is a part of a diverse department and supports our mission, "to help people achieve safe and productive lives."
- Provide administrative supervision and professional leadership to a dynamic team of Social Workers tasked with responding to the needs of our most vulnerable children and families.
- Provide daily supervision of CPS Workers and assure that all complaints, investigations and assessments are managed according to State policies and timelines.
- Coordinate with other supervisory staff to ensure unit coverage and provide backup coverage for workers on-call after hours.
- Provide oversight to cases involving preventive and/or protective services to children and families; assuring that complaints, investigations and assessments are completed timely and that all services are managed according to federal, state and local policies and regulations.
- Maintain a supportive work environment, with the ability to motivate and encourage continuity in teamwork and productivity amongst staff.
- Supervising professional social work staff engaged in child welfare and related casework.
- Supporting and facilitating staff in the delivery of competency strength based services by identifying risk and safety in crisis situations and guiding intervention as needed to address client situations.
- Actively participating in organizational development, management, and leadership of the agency.
- Serving as back up responsibility for department operations in the absence of the CPS Division Manager.
- Monitoring caseloads, reviewing and/or approving service plans, completing weekly and monthly reports, staffing cases for findings, approving case closures, etc.
- Participating in and/or conducting interagency and intra-agency collaboration meetings to ensure continuity of service delivery and best practice.
- Completing staff performance evaluations.
- Conducting program evaluations.
- Providing on-call backup to social work staff after hours.
- Serving on boards, committees, and task forces on behalf of the department on local and state levels.
- Assisting with the hiring process for job applicants and makes recommendations for hiring.
- Approving and monitoring expenditures for client services.
- Evaluating polices to ensure best practice.
- Conducting individual and group supervision.
- Analyzing data to enhance operations and services.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field and 4 years of experience in Social Work including 2 years of staff supervisory experience.
- A valid driver's license in the resident state is required, as may need to complete on-site home visits.
- Master's degree and clinical licensure.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, child protective services, ad driving record checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development