Loudoun County’s Department of Family Services is seeking qualified applicants for its Adult Services Supervisor position. The Adult Services Program assists older adults and adults living with a disability who need services or support to enhance self-sufficiency and improve their quality of life while supporting their right to self-determination.
Staff are committed to provide assistance with empathy, compassion and confidentiality and ensure that individuals and their families are treated with dignity and respect. Services offered include: home-based services (companion), case management, and assessment for adults entering or residing in assisted-living facilities, and screening for adults entering long-term care facilities or who apply for Medicaid-funded home and community-based waiver (Long Term Services and Supports). Staff also investigate allegations of self-neglect.
- Managing the overall operation of the Adult Services area including identifying goals and ensuring the unit meets the goals and performance expectations, standards, agency/state policy; budgeting; recruiting and hiring of staff
- Providing direct clinical supervision to staff
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the unit’s programs
- Regularly reviewing, analyzing and monitoring client service data statistical reports, as requested; utilizing data to evaluate productivity and identify program trends as well as program needs
- Representing the Adult Services Program
- Partnering with community organizations to support the service needs of older adults and adults living with a disability
- Coordinating with other social service agencies in the development of program resources and services
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team by using various methods, such as coaching, mentoring and guiding
- Experience working in a local social service agency in the area of older adults
- Thorough knowledge of adult services and adult protective services policies and procedures
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to accurately interpret and ally information to achieve desired results and achieve agency goals
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making and display initiative, flexibility, and receptiveness to ideas and changes
- Knowledge of principles of case management; professional knowledge and understanding of normal aging processes, the impact of age-related illnesses, mental health, and developmental disabilities, and the psycho-social dynamics of financial exploitation, self-neglect, neglect and abuse
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
This position is located in our Leesburg office, and may work from other locations as needed. Typical hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, with flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the organization.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or related field and minimum 4 years directly related Adult Services/Adult Protective Services experience, to include 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Clinical Licensure preferred
- Performs other duties as assigned and may work from various locations.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent on the results of a background, DMV, credit and CPS registry checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development