The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) is currently seeking highly qualified applicants who want to join a high-energy team within an organization that values integrity, dedication and collaboration for the position of Team Coordinator for Substance Abuse Case Management.
This full-time position is a member of the Case Management Program and will provide supervision to a cadre of case managers who primarily support individuals with a substance use disorder and/or who are dually diagnosed with a mental health condition.
In addition to supervision, the Team Coordinator also provides direct service, represents MHSADS on County initiatives, and actively collaborates with external providers. Targeted Case Management is a community based service occurring within the individual’s natural settings including their home.
The successful candidate will have knowledge, experience and skills in:
- Leading and supervising staff in a community based service;
- Personnel and performance management of staff;
- Supporting individuals with substance use disorders and/or serious mental illness;
- Conducting comprehensive psycho-social assessments utilizing ASAM criteria;
- Provision of case management services;
- assessing an individual’s strengths and needs, developing and implementing a recovery oriented treatment plan, and linking individuals to requested services and supports while promoting individual choice; and
- Knowledge of standards for Virginia Department of Behavioral Health Developmental Services Licensure, Human Rights regulations, and pertinent Medicaid Provider Manuals.
Effective oral and written communication skills and proficiency in electronic health records and operating software programs is required. Work schedule requires the flexibility to include evening and occasional weekend hours. Office locations include the Leesburg and Eastern Loudoun Centers.
- Requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related Human Services field and a minimum of one (1) year professional experience in mental health and/or substance abuse treatment, and four years supervisory experience.
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) credential
- Clinical licensure (i.e. LPC, LCSW, LMCP, LSAPT)
- Bilingual in Spanish
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check, driving record check, TB test, credit check, successful completion of DBHDS case management modules, and successful completion of Department orientation and training requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development