Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community. The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking qualified applicants to join our enthusiastic team as a Team Leader.
This exciting position offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. Be a member of a dynamic team while providing supports to increase independence and empower individuals with serious mental illness, co-occurring substance use disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities to live successfully in the community.
The successful candidate works as a member of the treatment team to ensure services are person-centered, recovery-oriented, and trauma-informed in both the group home setting and the community. Additionally, The Team Leader provides coaching, hands-on guidance, and oversight to Residential Support staff to ensure the highest quality of supports are provided.
This position engages individuals to participate in their own treatment for improved health, safety, and quality of life.
Work schedules include day, evening and 1 weekend shift. Education and career development are highly supported.
Any combination of education and experience equal to a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, or other human services field and two (2) years of directly related experience is required.
- Six months experience in a residential program with Mental Health and ID/DD is preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds 3 times per hour, have a clean driving record and be able to become certified in CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, and Therapeutic Options within 3 months of hire.
- This position is classified as Essential Personnel and successful candidates will be able to fulfill this requirement including working holidays and during inclement weather, as scheduled.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background, driving record check, credit check and TB test. Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development