The Department of Family Services is seeking well qualified professionals for a Childcare Specialist position to join the Community Services Team.
Childcare Specialists conduct important casework and utilize creative problem solving techniques with families by providing services and resources to obtain and maintain safe and affordable Childcare options, with the goal of family self-sufficiency. This rewarding and important position includes conducting family intakes, eligibility determinations, crisis intervention, complex casework and meeting service requests while preserving client dignity and supporting the family system.
- Conducting thorough assessments, developing and implementing family focused service plans, data entry, processing purchase orders and payments, coordinating client services within the department, other county agencies and community providers.
- As a part of a state grant program to improve the quality of childcare programs and early childhood education in Loudoun County this position requires coordination with contracted staff, regional partners and the Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS), along with data collection and monthly reporting.
The Childcare Specialist will also be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma in individuals, families, staff and others involved with the system and respond by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures and practices. The work also provides for the opportunity of continuous learning in a supportive team environment.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Business, Psychology, Child Development or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Social Services or other Human Services related field.
- Must have knowledge of early childhood development, an understanding of the elements of early childhood education and quality childcare, childcare resources as well as family dynamics.
- Must have skills in operating a personal computer and the associated office and agency software/systems
- Must possess excellent communication skills, flexibility and effective problem-solving skills; be detailed-oriented, comfortable working with various populations, able to work collaboratively as a team member in a fast paced environment and have experience providing family centered case management.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo a criminal background, credit and DMV records checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development