Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is seeking temporary, part-time Day Support Specialist substitutes to work with individuals with developmental disabilities in a community based day program. It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The position requires working directly with developmentally and physically disabled adults in a day support program. Duties include supporting individuals in community based activities, assisting with daily living skills such as dressing, toileting, showering, and supporting individuals during employment and volunteering.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Psychology,Vocational or Special Education.
- Must possess the ability to assess individual needs and provide effective supports; record and synthesize data; maintain field records;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, other agencies, employers, the individuals we support, the individuals' family and the general public.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prefer a minimum of six (6)months experience in a related developmental services program or setting and general knowledge of licensure standards and relevant Medicaid Waiver regulations.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background, credit, driving record check and TB test. Must have a valid driver's license.