Parks, Recreation and Community Services is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
Loudoun County's Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, Area Agency on Aging, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Senior Program Specialist located at the Leesburg Senior Center in Leesburg, VA.
This position plans, develops and implements the daily Café program and other weekly, monthly and quarterly programs that meet wellness, educational, recreational and social needs for all senior center participants. Program Specialists complete needs assessments and re-assessments of clients and adjusts program schedule and content to respond to participants requests and needs at the senior center. This position will assist with maintaining confidential participant records, including the use of State and County required database software.
Other duties may include:
- Assistance with the training and supervising of center staff and volunteers and coordinates volunteer activities
- Assistance with the coordination of facility rental use by notifying, supervising, and scheduling Facility Supervisors and providing back-up facility coordination of repairs and cleaning as needed
- Provides back-up supervision for transportation services and substitutes as Passenger Vehicle Operator to transport seniors
- Develops and implements outreach programs promoting activities, classes, special events and programs offered at and by the senior center
- Promote programs via press releases, newsletters, flyers, speaking to groups and all other relevant sources
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in psychology, Social Work, Recreation and coursework related to seniors and/or gerontology
- Possession of commercial driver’s license, Class C with passenger endorsement is required. Prefer CDL at time of hire, however will provide assistance to successful candidate to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Experience working with and planning programs for senior adults is highly preferred
- Experience working with database software preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo a criminal background, credit and DMV record checks CPR/AED, First Aid certification and Safeserv certification for meal program required
- The incumbent of this position must comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program as outlined by Loudoun County's Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required