Searching for a new challenge? An exciting employment opportunity where you get to serve your community? Do you have a passion for fitness? Then #JoinTheFunWithPRCS and become part of the team at Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services! We have an immediate opening for a Fitness Programmer at Dulles South Recreation and Community Center, located in South Riding, VA.
Dulles South is a state of the art facility featuring indoor pools, a multipurpose gymnasium and jogging track, fitness room, and climbing wall. Fitness Programmers successfully plan and implement fitness programs, activities, classes and special events to include developing a variety of programs to serve all segments of a diverse population. This position works to identify trends to assure programs meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
Other duties include:
- Developing marketing materials to promote programs
- Recruiting and interviewing class instructors
- Use automated software to coordinate and schedule facility use
- Coordinate equipment and supplies to assure program quality and success
- Assist with light facility maintenance tasks, such as room set up and break down
This positions may be assigned to supervise and manage the facility and staff in the absence of center managers and assist in the development and enforcement of center rules and regulations for participant use.
The ideal candidate will:
- Focus on customer service
- Have strong administrative skills
- Be familiar with automated systems
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule; which could include early mornings, days, evenings and weekends to meet center needs
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education or related field
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must have certification in CPR and First Aid for adult, infant and child
- Negative TB Test required
- Preferred experience in management of a fitness facility, personal trainers and fitness class management
- Membership in the Virginia Recreation and Park Society is beneficial to the position
- Preferred certification in the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Sports and Fitness Association (ASFA) or any other nationally recognized accredited fitness association.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Criminal background, credit, Child Protective Services (CPS) and DMV record checks required