The Finance Division within the Department of Finance and Budget is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented, energetic professional to fill an Accounting Technician position for the County of Loudoun.
The main scope of this position will be Payroll responsibilities, with possible backup responsibilities in Accounts Payable. This position will maintain a detailed working knowledge of the Oracle Payroll System, to be able to advise other users of the proper ways to utilize the system to full capacity.
Other duties include:
- Audit, review and monitor time records within Oracle’s Time and Labor module
- Send biweekly audit reports to departments
- Key department corrections into Oracle
- Audit and review HR Employee Action Forms to ensure accuracy of employee data within Oracle
- Review paychecks for correct tax and benefit deductions
- Process employment verifications and respond to employee and vendor inquires
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current financial system and document imaging system
- Review, audit and approve invoices against their backup documents for accuracy before payment in the Oracle System
- Research past due items with departments and/or vendors
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and combination of education and experience in accounting or finance equivalent to four years. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Working knowledge of Oracle is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a credit check and criminal background check.