The Loudoun County Department of General Services is seeking qualified applicants for a Maintenance Helper vacancy in the Waste Management Division.
This position will perform maintenance tasks at the County's eight recycling drop-off centers. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Litter removal
- Site cleanup
- General site maintenance
- Snow/debris removal
- Public outreach
This position will also assist with recycling operations at the Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Follow a daily site inspection checklist
- Perform small repairs to signage, fencing, and dumpsters
- File work orders for larger repairs needed
- Inspect completed repairs and report findings to supervisor
- Perform housekeeping tasks at each site, such as sweeping and pickup of broken glass
- Load illegally dumped items into truck and transport to the Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility for disposal
- Provide excellent customer service in answering disposal and recycling questions from the public.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Six months of work experience in a general maintenance, custodial/janitorial, customer service, or related field is required.
A valid driver's license is required. Ability to lift 40 lbs. is required. Forklift certification is preferred. Subject to recall or being held beyond scheduled workday; must be available to respond to County emergencies (24/7) as directed in accordance with Department policy and written or verbal directive.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo a criminal background and DMV record check.