The Loudoun County Department of Family Services is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time position to manage the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program with a budget of approximately $1.4 million and oversee the County’s Home Improvement programs.
- Ensuring compliance with federal regulations governing all programs under its jurisdiction.
- With appropriate input, strategically directs the use of CDBG funds including working with sub-grantees and monitors grant activities
- Administers the set-up of CDBG projects and activities in HUD’s Integrated Disbursement Information System (IDIS)
- Tracks accomplishments and generates required reports
- Coordinates the CDBG competitive grant program including presentations to non-profits, application review, public hearings and presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Manages the development of the 5-year Consolidated Plan, Fair Housing Plan, Citizen Participation Plan, and Annual Action Plan.
- Obtains and manages other federal and state grants to support housing programs.
The successful candidate will be able to implement the details of the CDBG program as well as provide leadership and vision in the development and guidance of other programs. Also supervises a CDBG administrative assistant and construction technician.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Community Development, Business Management or related field and 2 years' of directly related experience
- Direct experience administering housing and community development programs, HUD policies and procedures, IDIS and the CDBG program is highly desirable.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check. A Valid automobile driver’s license and driving record check required.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development