The Department of Family Services; voted as one of Leesburg’s top employers has an opportunity to join the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) as our Program Manager. The successful applicant will manage the HCV Program (which is responsible for administering a wide variety of special housing vouchers (e.g. low-income families, veterans, persons with disabilities) for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Housing Choice Voucher Program) and 7 staff in compliance with Federal and local regulations; proactively facilitate high quality, timely and accurate customer service; develop and implement well-coordinated, effective HCV work plans; accurately apply Federal policies; provide case management supervision and direction; manage the program’s marketing and build community relationships; and manage the program budget to achieve the goal of housing as many households as possible within Federal funding limits. The candidate must be able to competently use Harmony, FAMIS, and other computer systems to develop program reports and monitor program activity.
- Manages all components of the $9 million federally-funded Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program to include Mainstream, VASH, and FUP vouchers.
- Administers all internal audit processes required by HUD to include SEMAP.
- Administers the waitlist and manages accurate and timely program compliance with all HUD regulations related.
- Develops and implements the Administrative, Annual and 5-Year plans in coordination with unit staff and the HCV Residents Advisory board.
- Administers, reviews, drafts new policy when appropriate timely written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to provide clear, consistent guidance for the program’s operations.
- Evaluates program quarterly and provides comprehensive, well-reasoned quick facts and performance measures on program performance.
- Recommends and implements HCV program improvements based on best practices to improve the efficiency, accuracy and to enhance Loudoun’s program.
- Develops complete, well-researched, written policy interpretations for program staff to provide consistency in program implementation.
- Accurately identifies and anticipates issues affecting the program such as sequestration and/or changes in County or Federal mandates, codes, and resources.
- Evaluates programs’ effectiveness by identifying and recording accurate, consistent, and instructive data about program operations (to include information about clients, rental market conditions, landlords, etc.) and recommendations.
- Drafts reports, takes them through the legislative process and presents to the Board of supervisors for Administrative Plan, Annual and Five Year Plan adoption.
- Manages staff team of 7.
- Provides staff support to the HCV Residents Advisory Board including recruiting members.
- Manages program marketing to landlords and tenants.
- Builds great community relationships.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of technology in order to produce programmatic reports; have proven experience with HCV programs and processes (including waitlist management, intake appointments, voucher management, reporting, audits, and determining eligibility); have a strong managerial background; demonstrated strong organization and communication skills; and the ability to work independently interpreting and implementing HUD regulations. Certification as a Housing Choice Voucher Program Specialist, Certified Voucher Specialist or similar a plus.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave • Sick leave • Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Planning, Human Services, or a related field preferred with major work in housing, public administration, planning, human services, or a related field and 2 years of related experience that includes at least 6 months supervisory experience. Experience in the implementation of Federal Housing programs preferred. Certified Manager of Voucher Operations is preferred. Certification in any of the following is helpful: Certified Occupancy Specialist Advanced (COSA) certification Affordable Housing Professional Certificate Certified Specialist of Project-Based Vouchers
In the event of an emergency, you will be required to work and may be assigned to an alternate work site to carry out the essential functions of County Government.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background and credit and DMV checks. Valid driver's license required.