The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking a full-time RN to provide nursing services to adults with serious mental illness or co-occurring substance use disorders as an integral part of the County’s Intensive Community Treatment (ICT) Program.
The ICT team serves individuals in scattered sites throughout Loudoun County and is responsible to respond with treatment interventions in non-clinic based settings. Responsibilities include:
- Assessment, medication administration, crisis intervention, care management and supportive counseling; and interagency consultation and coordination of overall medical care.
- Maintains all clinical records and documentation according to the Board of Pharmacy, Federal, State and Department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to function autonomously as well as a member of a busy, mobile clinical team utilizing advanced clinical skills.
Will be required to transport individuals in program vehicles. Work schedule is flexible and may require day and/or evening hours.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three (3) years related professional experience in the provision of mental health services is required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia is also required.
- Must be knowledgeable in community mental health issues; demonstrate strong clinical skills; possess strong organizational skills; and demonstrate an ability to function as a member of a mobile clinical team.
Experience working with and Intensive Community Treatment (ICT) or Programs of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) strongly preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, credit check, driving record and TB test. Must have a valid driver's license.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development