Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government? Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a full time Project Portfolio Manager. This position will require a thorough understanding of IT project and portfolio management and the professional skills and abilities to develop, manage and oversee the Department’s portfolio of projects. Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead, manage and motivate the Project Portfolio Office team to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Proactively work with DIT and County Departments to facilitate practices that meet objectives and standards of the Project Portfolio Office
- Serve as departmental project management expert and provide advice and recommendations on scheduling and cost control of IT projects
- Provide management oversight for monitoring projects, analyzing operational and cost implications of changes in work schedules or scope of work and recommends alternative actions to contain costs or prioritize projects
- Manage, direct, and provide oversight over all project management related services provided by the team
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with major course work in business, public administration, and/or information systems and 4 years of related experience in a technology environment.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate information technology concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various hierarchical levels, ranging from board members to technical specialists
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experience with Planview software and LeanKit tools is preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow software tool is preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo an extensive background/credit check, fingerprinting and DMV check.