Loudoun County is one of the fastest growing counties in the country, known for its excellent quality of life and strong economy, while embracing its historic presence. Located 35 miles west of Washington, DC, Loudoun offers a diverse blend of cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities. The Loudoun County Department of Family Services currently seeking qualified candidates who are looking to work in a diverse, exciting and fast paced work environment and have a desire to help others.
This position is responsible for determining eligibility for Public Assistance Programs, to include Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Medicaid by conducting interviews with applicants, requesting appropriate documentation, and applying applicable policy.
This position will be located in our Sterling office, and may be required to work from other locations, as requested.
- Processes applications and case reviews accurately and timely by interpreting and applying complex federal, state and local public assistance policies;
- Makes mathematical computations accurately;
- Uses automated technology to establish and maintain case records;
- Handles multiple deadlines, computer systems, high volume of client contact, high caseloads, and competing priorities;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, co-workers and other social service providers;
- Works effectively with people under stress and those from various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds;
- Has exceptional oral and written communication skills, and carry out their role in a professional manner;
- Schedules, organizes and manages workload sufficient to meet deadlines;
- Function well in a team environment;
- Responds quickly and effectively to customer inquiries to resolve issues, answer questions, and handle any emergency situations that may arise.
• Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Accounting or Finance. • Applicant must have the ability to work independently and have excellent decision making skills.
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred; • Possess valid driver’s license.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo background checks, to include criminal and credit.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development