Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, Area Agency on Aging, is currently seeking a qualified applicant for a Therapeutic Activities Coordinator at the Leesburg Adult Day Center located in Leesburg, VA. The Adult Day Center is a state licensed adult day program providing therapeutic activities and assistance to older adults with memory loss or other chronic disabilities. The Area Agency on Aging's mission is to foster independence and healthy aging, and improve the quality of life for older adults and their caregivers through comprehensive programs and services.
As a Therapeutic Activities Coordinator, duties include:
- Developing, implementing and overseeing programs for seniors with physical and cognitive limitations, according to state licensing requirements
- Helping to develop individual care plans and ensure therapeutic activities are appropriate for each client
- Providing a strong customer focus as you will have regular, sensitive interaction with program participants, developing and maintaining confidential client records, and responding to client health emergencies
- Producing newsletters, calendars and other marketing materials
- Providing work supervision for program staff and volunteers, monitors and assists with client's personal care needs
- Serving as back-up passenger vehicle operator
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Social Work, or related field
- Must be qualified, or eligible for qualification, as a therapeutic recreation specialist, activity professional or occupational therapist/assistant; or must have an associates degree in a discipline related to activities for seniors; or must have one year FT work experience in an activities program for older adults.
- Valid driver's license required
- A valid CDL with Passenger endorsement is required and preferred upon hire. However, will provide assistance to successful candidate to obtain appropriate CDL learner’s permit within 3 months and license within 6 months of hire.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification within 60 days of hire
- Negative result from TB test taken within 30 days of hire required
- Medications Management Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Physical work is required; must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Experience with automated systems preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo criminal background and DMV record checks
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Negative TB test result taken within the last 30 days required prior to beginning work and annually
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required
- The incumbent of this position must comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program as outlined by Loudoun County's Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees