Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
We have immediate openings for year round Outdoor Maintenance Technicians located throughout the county. The Maintenance division provides support to multiple areas within the department such as mowing, ballfield maintenance and renovation, equipment repairs, facility maintenance, emergency response, special event support and special projects.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, top priorities for this position include ballfield set up and maintenance, mowing, turf management, trail and woodland maintenance, set-up and breakdown for tournaments and special events, snow removal, general painting and carpentry. Technicians will operate machinery, tools and vehicles as necessary to complete tasks. Basic mechanical skills are needed to operate and perform preventative maintenance. Applicants will respond to routine inquiries and assist with routine administrative and clerical tasks as assigned.
Successful candidates will understand that:
- Service demands require a flexible work schedule to include early morning, evening, and weekend hours
- Physical effort is required, regularly working with medium-to-heavy materials and occasionally with heavy materials over 60 pounds
- They will be subject to call for “Essential 24 hour operations”
- A Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and two years’ experience in grounds maintenance and/or field preparations
- Valid driver’s license
- First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain certification within four months of hire
- Requires a Class A CDL. The CDL incumbent of this position must comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program as outlined by Loudoun County's Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees
- Pesticide Registered Technician in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- OSHA certification as a forklift operator
- Membership in Virginia Recreation and Park Society
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidates will:
- Submit to a criminal background and DMV record check
- Agree to an annual DMV check; have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required