Loudoun County, Virginia, one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, is currently seeking a full-time Construction Field Representative (Field Technician) within the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure.
Inspects, monitors and documents the work in progress on site for complex transportation and facility projects during construction, commissioning, final acceptance, and post-construction phases to ensure the work is executed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, and the project schedule.
- Serves as a liaison between the contractor, architect and engineer and works with the County’s Construction Manager to review the quality of the work performed during installation.
- Ensures inspections are scheduled, performed and recorded including County, other regulatory agencies and third party inspections.
- Requires any combination of education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma supplemented by building trade course work; and
- Minimum six (6) years of directly related experience in facility trades or roadway construction
- Appropriate construction related certifications and experience in construction management software, such as e-Builder, are a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to inspect existing sites and active construction projects, often requiring walking or climbing elevated structures
- May be exposed to inclement weather while in the field
- Subject to call twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check, to include DMV check.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development