The Loudoun County Department of Family Services Benefits unit is currently seeking qualified candidates for a position in the Public Assistance Benefits Unit who are looking to work in a diverse, exciting and fast paced work environment.
Zippia, a professional career information and tools company, recently named the Loudoun County Department of Family Services one of the top ten companies to work for in Leesburg, VA.
- Provides direct training to staff in the program areas of SNAP, Families and Children’s Medicaid, Adult Medicaid and TANF.
- Develops training materials and tip sheets, and designing and delivering in-services, refresher trainings and workshops.
- Provides support to all staff with technical issues, troubleshooting system errors and communicating those errors to the State help desk for resolution.
- Regularly monitors cases for timeliness and accuracy, and provide regular feedback to supervisors on staff’s performance.
- Provides caseload coverage, in the event of vacancies or as needed.
Successful candidate must: • Be extremely knowledgeable in all public assistance programs, and have exceptional customer service skills. • Have exceptional oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational and time management skills. • Have the ability to work independently and have excellent decision making skills. • Function well in a team environment. • Respond quickly and effectively to customer inquiries to resolve issues, answer questions, and handle any emergency situations that may arise.
This position will be located in our Leesburg office, and will work from other locations, as requested. The work hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F.
- Requires combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Accounting or Finance; and
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly related to public assistance program eligibility determination, such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs (SNAP), Medicaid or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and Aged, Blind and Disabled. Minimum of one year of training experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Virginia Department of Social Services public assistance program policies and related computer systems, to include VaCMS and MMIS
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Possess valid driver’s license
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo a criminal history and credit check.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development