Tired of 12 hour shifts on your feet? The revolving door of patients with barely knowing their name? Working most weekends and holidays? Then NOW is your chance to MAKE THE MOVE and join Loudoun County Community-Based Nursing Team!
The MHSADS department is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse who will combine strong clinical skills with education and advocacy to directly improve the lives of adults who have mental illness, substance use disorders and/or developmental disabilities. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping individuals live their best quality of life while optimizing health and safety within the residential setting. This candidate has the ability to successfully assess and prioritize the changing needs of the population, work collaboratively with the individual’s team, adapt clinical skills to various settings, and provide clear direction and support to the non-clinical residential staff.
Job functions include:
- Ensure holistic and person-centered care is provided to all residents
- Instruct and certify residential staff on medication administration
- Monitor and review medication administration records
- Provide ongoing assessments
- Coordinate care between medical providers, pharmacies and residential teams
- Develop direct service plans
- Rotate as part of the on-call schedule to provide 24/7 medical support for Residential Services
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Minimum of three (3) years related professional experience in the provision of nursing services
- Must possess strong organizational skills, independent assessment and clinical skills, flexibility and prioritizing skills, and demonstrate an ability to function as a member of a mobile clinical team
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Certification as an Adult or Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Bilingual high desirable.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, credit check, driving record and TB test.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development