Our mission at Loudoun County’s Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) is to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
As a member of the Case Management Program, the Mental Health Case Manager provides targeted case management services to adults participating in the Mental Health Docket program who have a misdemeanor offense or felony that has been reduced to a misdemeanor, and have a mental health issue that meets classification for Serious Mental Illness. Targeted Case Management is an intensive, community based service occurring within the individual’s natural settings including their home.
- Providing case management services
- Assessing an individual’s strengths and needs
- Conducting comprehensive psycho-social needs assessments
- Developing and implementing a recovery oriented treatment plan
- Supporting individuals with serious mental illness and/or substance use disorders
- Facilitating intra-agency and interagency coordination
- Working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to include law enforcement, court officials and staff, treatment providers, psychiatrists, family members and other community service providers; judicial process and procedures
- Linking individuals to requested services and supports while promoting individual choice
- Monitoring service delivery
Work schedule requires the flexibility to include evening hours. Office locations include the Leesburg and Eastern Loudoun Centers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years related professional experience in the provision of Mental Health and/or Case Management services
Effective oral and written communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and proficiency in electronic health records and operating software programs is required.
- Master’s degree
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Experience and/or background in IMR (Illness Management and Recovery) and MRT (Moral Reconation Therapy)
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check, driving record check, TB test, credit check, successful completion of DBHDS case management modules, and successful completion of Department orientation and training requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development