Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS is seeking a Teen Services Specialist to join our Youth Division based in Leesburg, VA. If you enjoy working with at risk teens, are able to respond to changing circumstances and inspire others by example, then this could be the position you've been looking for. Careful planning and the ability to anticipate issues are qualities we particularly value. People with a positive mindset and proactive work-style are just what our customers expect.
A top priority for this position will be to develop and implement age-appropriate activities for teens that address building resiliency and positive life skills utilizing recreation and leadership development, collaborate on the development and implementation of camp programs for at-risk youth, and identify gaps in services.
In addition, this position will:
- Provide program support and assist with supervision of youth programs
- Assume a leadership role in generating and disseminating marketing publications to promote youth services
- Coordinate community education projects and campaigns to raise public awareness and education about current issues facing teens to include delivering community-based trainings, awareness events, and extensive community outreach to introduce teen events and services in a culturally sensitive and competent manner while establishing effective rapport and community buy-in for the programs
- Co-facilitate programming with Youth Advisory Council (YAC) students, the Work Ordered Repayment by Kids (WORK) program and Youth after School (YAS) program to implement intramurals
- Occasionally assist as a substitute staff member
- Introduce special activities and assist with large scale youth centric events such as the Youth Services Art Festival and IMPROV
Successful candidates will:
- Strive to exceed expectations
- Foster relationships with positive and effective communication
- Demonstrate competency working with innovative & evolving technology and equipment
Successful candidates must be able to work a 7.5 hour work day, between 7:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday; including occasional night or weekend events.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Recreation, Education, or other youth-related field
- Perform moderate physical activity to include lifting
- Six months or more experience in direct service to youth strongly preferred
- Spanish speaking experience preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Criminal background, credit, Child Protective Services (CPS) and DMV checks required.