Our mission at Loudoun County’s Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) is to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership within the Loudoun community.
MHSADS is seeking a high energy, customer service oriented Medical Billing Specialist for an opportunity within Business Operations.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of accounts receivables; considerable medical billing experience; strong analytical skills; be team oriented with a performance driven work style and have an intermediate skill level in use of Microsoft Office systems.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the payer billing modalities and benefit plan tables and understanding and correct usage of these rules
- Payment entry and posting, verify receipt accountability and posting to client accounts
- Processing Medicaid, third party insurers and other healthcare claims
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from High School and minimum 4 years of experience in accounting related field including progressive experience in manual and automated accounts receivable systems, including the billing, collecting and processing of reimbursements.
- Medical Billing experience
- Experience with Oracle based systems
- Knowledge of electronic health records (EHR) Medicaid regulations, healthcare terminology, and standard service coding systems such as ICD-10 and HCPCs; and revenue coding
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, credit check, driving record check and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development