Loudoun County, Virginia, one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, is currently seeking a full-time Construction Program Manager to oversee complex construction activities within the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure.
The Construction Program Manager will
- Direct and supervise staff as well as the activities of the Construction Division, work with the Department Leadership on strategic planning initiatives, provide quality control and problem-solving oversight, deliver excellent customer service and provide monthly reporting on Division Operations.
- Lead a team of construction managers and field technicians to complete complex transportation and government facility capital projects in the County’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Ensure the work is executed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, completed on project schedule and budget.
- Oversee constructability and biddability reviews of projects in design. Loudoun County's Adopted FY 2019 - 2024 CIP includes $1.9 billion in general government capital projects.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Project Management or a related field, and
- Minimum four (4) years of directly-related experience in a professional management position in a design and construction organization, including considerable supervisory or operations/administrative oversight experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theory, principles, practices, and techniques of contract management and construction techniques is required.
- Experience in construction management software, such as e-Builder, is desirable.
- A valid driver's license is required. Registered/Licensed Architect, Project Management Professional Certification or Professional Engineer (P.E.) desirable.
- Must be able to inspect existing sites and active construction projects, which often requires walking on uneven surfaces, climbing elevated structures and exposure to inclement weather while in the field.
- May be subject to call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week on an as-needed basis.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check, to include DMV and credit checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development