Don’t just find a job, find your WHY at a purpose-driven organization. Loudoun County’s Department of Family Services (DFS) is seeking qualified applicants, with a demonstrated interest in helping older adults and adults living with disabilities. This position provides program management and supervisory support of the Adult Protective Services (APS) and Adult Services (AS) programs and reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical and Residential Services.
The Program Manager, APS supports and guides staff’s delivery of quality preventive, protective and support social work services to Loudoun County residents by interpreting and disseminating information necessary for the APS and AS supervisors and staff to carry out program mandates.
- Short and long range planning for the Programs;
- Conferring with unit supervisors on issues that impact program goals, objectives, policies and the delivery of services; determining budgetary needs;
- Overseeing contract for in-home care program;
- Representing the agency with community stakeholders
The successful candidate must be a change agent who is skilled at building relationships, motivating the efforts of others and able to effectively articulate a vision for the delivery of services that includes a modern approach.
In addition, DFS seeks someone who possess:
- Strong leadership, managerial, administrative and supervisory skills to ensure compliance with all state mandates and related policies;
- Strategic planning and program implementation skills;
- Broad knowledge related to the principles of APS and AS;
- Professional knowledge of the normal aging process; the impact of age-related illnesses, mental illness and developmental disabilities on adults; the psycho-social dynamics of abuse, neglect and exploitation; and professional knowledge and direct experience with family systems theory, crisis theory and trauma informed system of care.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or related field
- Minimum 2 years directly related Adult Protective Services experience, to include 1 year of administrative and supervisory experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned and may work from various locations.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on the results of a background, DMV, credit and CPS registry checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development