Parks, Recreation and Community Services is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Maintenance Coordinator position at Bolen Park in Leesburg, VA.
The Maintenance Coordinator position provides support to multiple areas within the department such as ballfield maintenance and renovation, trail building and protection of wetlands and natural areas, and other grounds and facility maintenance. This position works to support the Park Manager in development and implementation of park maintenance and management plans as well as any special events or projects. The Maintenance Coordinator employs working knowledge of pump house operations, turf management, irrigation methods and practices, and other related plumbing systems to maintain fields. These skills are required as this position will provide supervision and support of park maintenance staff and will oversee and perform extensive ball field preparations for 17 lighted fields. Computer skills required to operate irrigation software remotely.
Other essential duties include:
- Ensures that grass-mowing operations are scheduled and maintained, as well as recycling efforts and trash removal
- Schedules and/or performs and documents preventative maintenance on all systems and equipment
- Accurately and efficiently assists with administrative tasks such as work scheduling, supply inventory management, maintenance records and reports, and time sheet processing
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by phone, email and in person
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which will vary and include early mornings and evenings, weekend hours required as well. This position is subject to call for "Essential 24 hour operations". Moderate physical effort, including lifting is required.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
- Six years of directly related experience in grounds maintenance, field preparations, skilled irrigation and plumbing work as it relates to turf management, and project management, as well as previous supervisory experience
- Requires valid driver’s license
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License required within 90 days of hire - category 3B required, 3A preferred
- OSHA certification as a forklift operator preferred
- Certification as a Sports Turf Manager (STMA) preferred
- Membership in Virginia Recreation and Park Society preferred
- Certified as a Playground Inspector by the National Playground Safety Institute is preferred
- Grounds maintenance and/or field preparations with graduation from a technical school preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will
- Undergo criminal background, credit, and DMV record checks
- Will have and maintain a valid driver’s license and will undergo a DMV check annually
- Complete certification in First Aid and CPR must be within 90 days of hire
- The incumbent of this position must comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing program as outlined by Loudoun County’s Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees. Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.