The Loudoun County Office of Mapping and Geographic Information is seeking a talented and motivated individual for GIS Programmer Analyst in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. Loudoun County’s GIS is an award-winning program with a long history of delivering a wide variety of services and solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to fully manage projects including scope development, scheduling, assignments, and deliverables; produce custom analyses; interpret user requests and needs; provide technical support by researching and resolving complex GIS problems, frequently with the use of programming languages; research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies; develop, implement, and maintain complex custom GIS applications; improve data and processes within the Enterprise GIS; and monitor systems, data, and processes.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Esri's ArcGIS Desktop software suite 10.X and ArcGIS Online
- Experience with GIS desktop application and web development
- Experience working with relational databases like SQL or Oracle
- Ability to perform GIS process analysis and automation
- Analytical skills to diagnose and identify solutions for complex geospatial problems
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal, Server, GeoEvent, Image Server, etc.) and ArcGIS Pro
- Local government experience such as in land development, transportation, community development or public safety
- Experience performing Network analysis or Spatiotemporal analysis
- LiDAR, DTM, DEM analysis experience
- Experience with mobile web application development
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or related field and three (3) years of related work experience in GIS development/programming/analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background check.