Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping infants and toddlers and their families? At Loudoun County’s Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services, It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Early Intervention Branch of Loudoun County’s Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is seeking an energetic service coordinator to provide family support and case management for families with infants and toddlers ages birth to three years of age with disabilities or developmental delays.
Provides service coordination (case management) activities in keeping with Federal and State Part C regulations under IDEA. Specific duties include:
- Completion of Early Intervention intakes, developmental screenings, interpreting results of developmental assessments to families, interpreting procedural safeguards and rights relative to federal and state requirements, identifying and coordinating community resources and services to enable the child and family to receive maximum benefit from early intervention services, and facilitating the development and implementation of the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
Additional duties include:
- Completing necessary paperwork for admission and discharge, coordinating with multiple therapy providers, including contractors, and scheduling meetings with families.
Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of infant and toddler development as well as Part C federal and state practices; demonstrate awareness of and commitment to positive team dynamics and implementation of early intervention services within a coaching model, interact with families and team members in an affirmative and timely manner, and maintain all records and documentation according to federal, state and agency policies and procedures; and contribute to public awareness campaigns and other duties as assigned.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, social work, early childhood special education, speech-language pathology, or other related field and three years of directly related experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must obtain certification as an Early Intervention Case Manager by the Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, and any licensure within the applicable specialty area.
- Experience in an early intervention system
- Possession of a current credential as an Early Intervention Professional by the Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, or the ability to obtain the credential
- Social Work experience
- Bilingual skills
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, credit check, driving record check and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development