Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community. The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Developmental Services is currently seeking a part-time (25 hours per week) clinician in the Discharge Planning Program.
Fast-paced, team oriented, direct clinical services with individuals affected by serious mental illness/co-occurring disorders/Developmental Services and as liaison for individuals discharging from psychiatric hospitals.
- Develop and implement treatment recommendations and aftercare plans for county residents leaving State or private psychiatric facilities.
- Maintain program records and documentation according to federal, state and agency policies and procedures. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of mental health, substance abuse and developmental interventions, clinical skills in assessment, psychotherapy, and crisis intervention.
- The ability to multi-task, exhibit strong organizational skills, and to function effectively as a clinical team member in a community services setting.
- Strong communication skills necessary to effectively communicate within the department and with community partners.
Work schedule will include Monday-Friday, primarily day-time hours.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology or a related field with one (1) year professional experience in mental health and/or substance abuse treatment. Comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Professional licensure eligibility required; current licensure preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence. Employment is contingent upon criminal background check, driving record check, and TB test.