The Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS) is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual for a Systems Administrator position in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting errors within the Department databases, developing and producing reports using Crystal Reports as well as other reporting systems, and assisting with County Interest and Intranet web applications.
We are looking for a self-motivated and engaged candidate who possesses the following:
- Serves as System Administrator for systems such as Harmony and the HMIS Management System as well as other department systems. In this role, system configuration, updates and reporting will be required.
- Performs analytics on discrepancies and issues within the system; performs root cause analysis.
- Manages user accounts. Works with the County IT department and system vendor to resolve issues. Tests and installs patches and upgrades.
- Coordinates software configurations and changes to the system. Implements system upgrades and changes.
- Generates data reports from the HMIS systems. Develop and modify reports utilizing multiple data sources to meet Federal, State and Local reporting requirements.
- Prepares project scope, schedule and maintains schedule and assignments for review. Coordinates system activities with all points of contact and technical support.
- Assists with system training. Maintains department training manuals for Harmony and Oracle systems. Creates reports.
- Creates user manuals for systems and processes used in DFS, such as Harmony, HMIS and Oracle.
- Monitors Harmony and the data & reporting requirements. Manages data clean-up. Provides technical support and trouble-shoots system issues with DFS staff. Assists with testing of Harmony updates.
Excellent verbal, written, and customer services skills are essential in working with County and contractor staff in training, troubleshooting, correcting data entry and database errors, and documenting processes and procedures.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of three (3)years of experience in database or system administration.
Preferred Skills Experience with Sequel Server, Crystal reporting systems, Harmony and Service Point Databases.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on the successful results of criminal and credit background checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development